Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White Man(n)a

Last night, The Boy and I were extremely excited about my dentist appointment in Hackensack, NJ. No, we were not excited to see the dentist, it was what was after the dentist that we were thrilled about- we were going to White Manna!

Alright, for those of you who don't know about this whole White Mana/White Manna business, let me just explain it real quick- White Mana/White Manna are two rival slider joints in NJ. They've been featured on the Food Network and the Travel Channel many times. They both claimed to be the best, the oldest, the original (some might even say the origin of the chain, White Castle).

The Boy was always loyal to White Mana in Jersey City since his father AND grandfather have been going there since they were kids. However, after watching Food Feud on the Food Network (of which White Manna-Hackensack won), he was eager to try the White Manna in Hackensack.

So we walked in the tiny diner joint, ordered  a couple of sliders with cheese and onions, and immediately, our decision was clear-White Manna Hackensack wins! by far! Let me just say that potato rolls make such a big difference (Jersey City uses regular buns- can be too doughy), though Jersey City White Mana has thinner and tastier meat patty, the overall bite at Hackensack just tasted soo much juicier.

Here are some pictures that I took with my phone-
 
 Here is the tiny grill and the impressive cook who remembers the never-ending amount of orders
 Here are my burgers- sorry, took a bite, just couldn't wait...


Yums... I cant wait for my next visit to the dentist next month :)


Update- 12/29/2010

Went to White Manna again last week and took better quality pictures, don't drool on your keyboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment