Thursday, April 28, 2011

Acai Bowl

One of my favorite things to eat in the summer is Acai bowl. I discovered it in the lovely state of Hawaii. As soon as I tried it the first time, I immediately craved for it every single day after that… it's THAT good...

Acai is a kind of berry that is typically found in the Brazilian amazon. It is full of antioxidants. You may see its products a lot in the grocery stores these days- acai berry juice, acai flavored coconut water, etc…

I actually have been seeing acai bowl in quite a couple of places in the mainland. However, I decided that I will figure out how to make my own acai bowl at home. All I needed were acai smoothie packets (sold in Whole Foods and many health stores), banana, frozen mixed berries, soy milk, and granola!



Directions-
Use a blender to blend together half a banana, acai smoothie pack, 1/3 cup of mixed berries, and 1/2 cup of soy milk. Top the blended product with the rest of banana (sliced) and granola. You can also drizzle some honey on top of the Acai bowl if you'd like.


Ah, it's so yummy and healthy. Have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

2 comments:

  1. I was very surprised when I saw this post. I love acai bowl and didn't realize that I can simply make it at home! Thanx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks delicious and healthy

    ReplyDelete