Wednesday, November 10, 2010

McRib

McRib... where do I even begin...

If you know me, you would know that I LOVE food. I try to watch what I eat most of the time, but I loveeee myself some McDonald's once in a while.

So, once I found out McRib is in the market (for a limited time!!), of course I had to get myself one to try! First of all, I would like to say that compare to all foods, I don't really eat ribs that much, they are just okay to me. I mean, I eat them, but I never seem to crave for them. With that said, here is my McRib experience-

I was so excited to try it for the first time after hearing and reading so much about it! When I receive my precious McDonalds paper bag from the drive-thru window, I could feel my heart pounding, I was just too excited.
It came with a longer bun, looks like a roll, but the texture is just like a hamburger bun. The first bite was juicy- I could immediately taste the sweet/tangy/smoky BBQ sauce that the patty was slathered in. The patty was flavorful (bc of the sauce) and tender...not too bad... Then the next bite I got a good balance of the patty, onion, and pickles, even better. The sandwich was devoured between my cousin and I within 3 minutes. Okay, I know, I KNOW, trust me I KNOW that it doesn't make any sense to have a rib sandwich without bones. But come on now, it is McDonalds overall, the whole sandwich was probably processed and injected with chemicals, pork flavoring concentrate, and I don't want to know what else... but hey, sometimes you just gotta live a little, try new things, you know?

Overall, I thought the sandwich was okay, it was good as a fast food chain sandwich, but not exordinary enough(probably because I am not that into ribs). But the weird thing is that I can't stop thinking about the sandwich ever since... I don't want it, but I do...it's like some kind of drug that McDonalds has inserted in my last sandwich to keep me coming back for more.

Alright, I think I've had enough of this McRib talk this early in the morning, it is making me crave for another McRib... hmm....lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment