Monday, November 15, 2010

Farmer's Market

I was in Ithaca, NY this past weekend visiting my cousin in school. She took us to the local farmers market on Saturday morning and boy, was I in love...

First of all, I have always loved farmers markets... growing up in a semi-developed country, my mother went to the local farmers market daily for her groceries. Everything is loud and busy, but I just love the idea of local grown, organic food.

What I love the most about the Ithaca Farmers Market this past weekend was its atmosphere- fresh, prepared food, raw organic meat and vegetables, cheese, apple cider, wood carving, etc... all under a long cabin. Every vendor was genuinely pleasant and helpful, and that was what I appreciate the most.

Being a food lover, of course I took the opportunity to try all kinds of food that they had offered. We shared a flatbread margarita pizza, Cambodian coconut based curry- amok rice, apple cider, and a special breakfast burrito. Everything was so "clean" and delicious. We ate and hung out along the lake behind the market on a beautiful fall Saturday. It was wonderful.

Here are some pictures by the lake that I took with my phone-



No comments:

Post a Comment