Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ding Tai Fong

The most famous restaurant in Taiwan has got to be Ding Tai Fung. Ding Tai Fung is a tourist must! Everything they make is delicate, and they are best known for their yummy yummy soup dumplings.

There are currently three Ding Tai Fung restaurants in Taipei. The one we went to was the original restaurant.
It was 11:30 am and the place was already packed!

When you walk in, you can see all the chefs hard at work making our favorite dumplings!

Sorry, we ate most of the dumplings as soon as they came. I could only take a picture of one… but come on, how good does this look?

Here is another one of my favorite- vegetarian dumplings. They are sooo delicious!

And here is something a little more special, squash soup dumplings. They were refreshing!

And here we have their pork zong zi… the sticky rice melts in your mouth and the pork filling is tender.

I know that it's just fried rice, but it's not just any kind of fried rice. The rice is chewy and the flavor is light yet tasty...

A few days later, I went to another Ding Tai Fung. This time, I was able to catch a closer glimpse of chefs making their world famous soup dumplings-
I was amazed at how they weigh single piece of dough, and again after they put meat in it.

God I love this place.

1 comment: