Thursday, May 26, 2011

Taiwan Misc. 1

It's been a few weeks since I have been here. It is impossible write detailed posts on every single thing I eat, it's just too much. So once a while I will be posting pictures with short captions of what I have been indulging. It's probably better that way… pictures are always better :)


Here we have egg covered rice (蛋包飯)from Tokyo Curry located in Hankyu department store.
I got their chicken curry-

Pattie got curry with pork cutlet-
 The dishes from Tokyo Curry were just okay. I thought they were a bit too greasy.


Here we have Zong Zi… guess where they were from?!
 Starbucks! Can you believe it? They were 冰粽,dessert zongzi. One with a coffee filling, and one with sweet potato filling.


Here, we went to one of my grandpa's favorite restaurants that specializes in Yunnan (one region in China) food. This was 大薄片(thinly sliced pork topped with cilantro, peanuts, chili, vinegar  & soy sauce)… really good!
 And now we have Yunnan style fried chicken… on top of thinly sliced cabbage. YUMS!


Pattie and I went to Dazzling Cafe, a popular/trendy place for dessert. We got one of their specialties- Honey Toast- it's called Party in My Mouth (I kid you not).
The buttery loaf was topped with strawberries, raspberries, ice cream, custard, a macaroon, and more berries… it really is a party in your mouth… hahah


Last but not least, my parents and I made dumplings at home. Guess which one was mine?!
 Yup, the most pathetic one in the middle… I'm working on it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe starbucks sells zhogn zi!
    how was the coffee one?

    and was the dan bau fan not as good as sogo's?

    ReplyDelete