Sunday, November 27, 2011

Apple Baklava


Ok, I can't get credit for this post… it was all Amy Bite's… this apple baklava recipe is beyond divine!!

I had no idea making baklava is this easy, you just have to try it.

Here are some step by step pictures. Full recipe here!

Toasting some nuts, I ran out of walnuts and pecans, so I just added a nut mix that I had on hand… Here are some almonds, macadamia, cashews, and Brazilian nuts. Toasting is definitely the way to go, this extra step really brings out the nutty flavors, don't skip this!

Making the syrup...

Slicing apples, I used granny smith.

Start layering the phyllo with butter spray!

Layering on the apples and nut mix… and hey, it's Bear in the back! ha.



 I highly suggest cutting them before baking, it makes it soo much easier!

 Ready to go in the oven… yums.

Syrup action

Ta da!

Ooo so flakey

 Drizzling the syrup on top… oooo

Seriously, how do you say no to this...


And some more...




Thank you Amy, for this wonderful treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment