Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Breakfast of Champions!

Hello folks, after a month of hiatus, I am back! Things have been crazy, but boy oh boy have I saved up some good stuff to share! Let's go!

I love yogurt parfaits, they are so pretty and healthy to have. However, they are totally overpriced at breakfast dives/diners/coffee shops.... so I decided to make them myself! Easy, cheap, and yummy!!


I used strawberries because that was what I had on hand, you may substitute with any fruit of your choice :)

I layered with granola. I actually rolled my granola in ground cinnamon before layering it on the parfait. Best idea ever!

Oh it's so yummy and pretty, don't YOU want this for breakfast tomorrow?!

It's so easy to make. I usually buy a tub of plain yogurt for the week (you can use any kind of yogurt). All you need to do is slice up some fruit, spoon a layer of yogurt, a layer of granola, and a layer of fruit until you fill up your pretty cup!

Note: Since I typically use plain yogurt, I drizzle agave nectar (you may substitute with honey) on top of each layer of yogurt to add sweetness.

Happy eating everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment