Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Num Pang

Ah, I am finally talking about one of my favorite joints in NYC, Num Pang.

Num Pang (Cambodian term for bread/sandwich) has perhaps the tastiest sandwiches in NYC; my family and I are obsessed with all of their Asian-influenced sandwiches. From skirt steak, catfish, to even cauliflower, the place has won our hearts over and over again.

Over the weekend, we ventured downtown to indulge in these sandwiches once again :)




This was the Peppercorn Catfish, my favorite sandwich at the shop. The fish is tender and the sauce just goes absolutely perfect with the fish. The pickled veggies and cilantro adds on the freshness of the sandwich. As always, the bread is toasted to perfection. Ah, amazing.



This is the Grilled Skirt Steak. Yums, the steak is cooked perfectly- smokey and very juicy. The sauce adds on another layer of flavor, so delicious.


And this one, is the Roasted Cauliflower sandwich. It was my first time ordering, and it did not disappoint. The cauliflower were crunchy yet smokey, and the sauce, the sauce had a resemblance of a lighter hoisin sauce... and who doesn't love hoisin sauce. Come on.

And here comes the corn. The amazing grilled corn on the cob that is drizzled in chili mayo and dusted with coconut flakes. Seriously, so good.



Ah, I love this place. I would seriously consider attending NYU just so I can be closer to these sandwiches. They also have another store in mid-town, however, I was informed by my cousin that she has tried the location three times, and the experience is just not the same as the one downtown.

If you are ever in the area, you must stop by and try one of their delicious sandwiches!

1 comment: