Monday, January 16, 2012

Taiwan- KiKi Restaurant

Kiki is also one of my favorite restaurants in Taiwan. We were here three times within one week. Crazy, I know, but this Szechuan inspired restaurant has such great food, great service, and great ambiance.

This is 口水雞. The direct translation would be Saliva Chicken, but don't be alarmed, it does not contain saliva! Served cold, the tender chicken is topped with a spicy sauce. It is actually quite refreshing for some strange reason.

擔擔麵- Dan dan noodles- noodles in a spicy peanut sauce. They make a great one at Kiki, peanuty, spicy, with a hint of tang from Chinese vinegar.

臘肉高麗菜-Cabbage with Chinese bacon. I said bacon, should I elaborate more?

蒜泥白肉- steamed slices of pork with a garlic soy sauce. This dish is light yet tasty!

干扁四季豆- minced meat sauteed with string beans. Crunchy and full of flavor.

This is my fav- 蒼蠅頭, direct translation- mosquitos heads. Don't be scared! It's really made of chives and fermented beans! They make a great dish here! I can eat a whole bowl of rice with just this!

水煮魚-water boiled fish. This dish was actually a disappointing one for me. Not enough taste, and not enough fish.

And this is their number one dish- 老皮嫩肉,direct translation, old skin tender meat. Tofu was so tender and delicious, it's a must-get!

No comments:

Post a Comment