Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Puppy Love

I LOVE my dogs. I came to the realization that I should make homemade dog treats when I (almost) bought them at a store. The prices are high and the ingredients listed are... let's just say... poopy. After doing some research online, I came up with these two great dog treats recipes. They turned out easy with simple ingredients that you already have at hand, and the doggies will LOVE them.


Peanut Butter Treats-
 
Peanut Butter Treats

Ingredients-
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1 tbs baking soda

Simply mix in the dry ingredients and then peanut butter. Roll the dough until it is about 1/4 inches thick and cut with your favorite cookie cutter! Place in preheated oven of 375 degrees for just 20 minutes.

Puppy Fruit Chew-
Puppy Fruit Chew

This is a very healthy recipe. No oil, no butter, no fat.

Ingredients-
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 apple, shredded
1 mashed ripe banana
1.5 cup flour
1 cup oats

Simply mix in all the ingredients and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. This dough can get messy; I spoon them out into little balls and place them on the cookie sheets, then half way through baking I took them out and pressed down the balls with a large spoon. 

So why bother buying expensive dog treats that's made of God knows what when you can simply make them at home? These recipes can make lots of treats, so share with your neighbors and fellow dog lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment